The best place to start if you feel your child has been abused

If you don’t know where to go, the best place to start is usually any children’s hospital. Most children’s hospitals have expert therapists on staff that would know how to respond to your concerns, even as adult. If you are an adult and you are now dealing with problems that relate back to your childhood and having been abused sexually as a child, I would still contact those children’s hospitals and talk to a staff member. They are knowledgeable and can direct you to an adult therapist as well.