I was sexually abused as a child

Attorney Irwin Zalkin of the of Zalkin Law Firm answers the question. I was sexually abused as a child. If I want to file a lawsuit does everyone get to know who I am?
If you were sexually abused as a child and you would like to proceed with some sort of civil action, it isn’t required necessarily that you have to hire a lawyer and pay them by the hour. There are many lawyers that are prepared to work on what’s called a contingency fee. Which means that they will proceed on your behalf, they will do all that is necessary to obtain a financial recovery for you and they would get paid a certain percentage out of whatever they recover and if they don’t recover anything, then they usually do not get paid anything. They are willing to do that, recognizing that a lot of people cannot afford to pay them by the hour.