I was abused by a teacher in high school

Attorney Irwin Zalkin of the of Zalkin Law Firm answers the question.
When I was in high school I had sex with one of my teachers. I am now a middle aged man and she was about ten years older than me at the time. I have had all kinds of problems my whole life about this, but I always felt that since I had sex with an older woman, most people would not consider that abuse. Is that sexual abuse?

For a young boy or a young teenage boy to have sex with an older woman is not a badge of honor. It is sexual abuse. It is a serious problem. It is no different than child sexual abuse by anybody else.

It is important for that person to get help immediately, to get psychological help because the lifelong consequences of childhood sexual abuse can be devastating. You should also report that abuse to law enforcement. It’s important to protect other children from having the same problem and going through the same experience. So get help and go to law enforcement.